Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. (NASDAQ: WINN), is voluntarily recalling Sunrise Assorted Flavor Gummy Bears sold in the self-serve bulk area of select store produce departments between November 14 and December 13 due to a remote possibility of metal contamination.
The gummy bears included in this recall have been sold in five Winn-Dixie stores in Florida and Louisiana:
- St. Johns Commons – 2220 County Road 210 W, Jacksonville, FL 32259
- Concord Shopping Mall – 11241 S.W. 40th Street, Miami, FL 33165
- Pepper Tree Plaza – 5600 West Sample Road, Margate, FL 33073
- Main Street Square – 7800 S. hwy 17-92, Fern Park, FL 32730
- 70431 Hwy 21, Covington, LA 70433
The recall is being initiated out of an abundance of caution for consumer safety, though the company has received no reports of illness associated with product consumption.
“We encourage guests with any concerns to return the product for a full refund, no questions asked,” said Mary Kellmanson, Winn-Dixie’s group vice president of marketing.
Consumers with questions about the recalled product may contact the Winn-Dixie Guest Service Center toll free at 1.866.WINN-DIXIE (866.946.6349).
Recall Insider for Recalls
Category: Food Recalls